3.1.11

Time Out

So, I know in my last post I talked about not apologizing for falling short, so I'm not going to. Just a little explanation to those who may have noticed.

So I started to feel guilty as Christmas completely snuck up on me this year because I hadn't done nearly all that I had planned or wanted to. Usually I do an immense amount of service to those that know and many that don't... Usually I pick out the PERFECT gift for all those on my list... usually I do so much MORE with the kids... but not this year.

This year I was sick... (Oh PS. did I mention that I'm pregnant and we're due to have a little boy in April... hmm.... oh well, now ya know!) This year I was tired... This year I was in bed MUCH more than I think I've ever been... This year was simple and not stressful, This year was WONDERFUL!

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE offering service... left right and center... it makes me feel so much more like one of Christ's disciples. I love knowing that someone's day was happier because I took a little time to think of them. I LOVE seeing my friends and family open that PERFECT gift... I love making gingerbread houses with the kids and teaching them all about Christmas...

But this year I did something I rarely do (at Christmas time or any other)... I had time to myself.

Most of our Christmas shopping I did online... and we did a big present for each of the kids and not much else, other than stockings and maybe a book or 2. I did a ton of baking (which I didn't end up giving to anyone because I didn't have time). I still was able to get a perfect gift for a few ppl... but I didn't go overboard... I snuggled my kids, got things done around the house... lots of naps... and it was great.

I felt guilty for not being there for a few of my friends when I really would have liked to serve them more... but then I realized that instead, I was there for myself and my family... and we really needed that this year.

This pregnancy has totally slowed me down... I haven't been able to do so much of what I usually do... but it's helped others to be able to serve me, it's helped me take time out for me, which I know I wouldn't have done otherwise.

It's made me realize there's a time and a season for all things... and right now, is time for me to take care of me and my family and make sure I'm healthy because unfortunately, I can't do all that I'd like to right now... but that's OK... I can serve and do all that I want to again soon... the Lord just granted me this little break to regroup and remember to take care of myself... and I'm grateful for that.

2 comments:

Bree Johnson said...

yeah its about time someone served you! good thing you slowed down that baby need sto get here safe! so i can cuddle it all day long :)

Baker Family said...

It takes moments like this to really slow down and think about the important things....hopefully you will listen to yourself and your body so that you can do what's best for you. Life will be here and the things that you love when your are feeling better!! Congratulations on baby boy!!! You'll have to let me know how you convinced your mind to have another baby- that I cannot do yet!!!

PS Thanks for the invite on New Years Eve!