2.1.11

Long Time No Post

I wonder if I've already written a post with that header?... Anywho, yes, it's been a long time since I've posted last... but I've decided not to give up on this blogging thing... so long as you guys don't give up on me!

So two weeks ago I got the sweetest message on Facebook. One of my friends whom I'm really not very close to, or at least haven't been lately wrote me and made me cry. She wrote to me about how she was grateful for my blog and that she'd been reading it (must have been my previous posts) and it's really touched her. She wrote about how she's gone through a lot of the same things I have, and had struggled through many of the same trials. She wrote about how my experiences have helped her not feel alone, and have helped her get through some rough times. She also wrote about admiring me.

I felt so humbled to read this extremely unexpected message, and grateful that she wrote it. It made me want to keep writing this blog... even though sometimes I get lazy. It made me realize that I have no idea how many people I may have touched, and because I'm not afraid to talk about depression and the struggles of life as well as the joys, that others have benefited.

Life throws us so many curve balls and sometimes we just want to lay down and cry... which is OK... but then we need to get back up, dust off, and keep on keeping on. That doesn't mean it will get any easier, that doesn't mean we won't have trials... but it does mean that we won't give up. I really hope that my blog has helped you at some time in your life... or just given you a good laugh (have I told you about Nixon pooping in the vent?).

I'm still here, and I'm still writing. For me... and for those of you who need it.

-Keshia


No comments: