10.1.11

Picture Catch-up

So I have missed blogging about so much, but luckily I still manage to take pictures, so I was looking through them and since Iphoto categorizes them by date, it's so much easier to go back and see what I've blogged and haven't blogged about. So here are some blog-worthy pics that I want to remember.


Miss Liv's first day of preschool, these pictures are now a year old, they were taken last January when she very first started at her school that we LOVE... she was so excited, and she loves it so much!



This day was hilarious, and surprisingly a lot of fun! This is also back in January of 2010, but Bree had asked me to watch her boys so she could go to a doctor's appt, so I said sure... then, about 10 min after she drops em off, I get a phone call from my bro-in-law asking me to watch their kids 'cause his wife had slipped on the ice and they were taking her to the emergency 'cause she cut her head and had a possible concussion (not the funny part... kinda scary) so I said sure! (What else was I gonna say?) Well... that put me at 7 kids... consisting of one 5 year old, two 3 1/2 year olds, and 4 just barely under or over 2 year olds.
It was intense! But it was super fun... and surprisingly easy! The older kids played dress-up in the basement and watched tree house, while the younger ones played on the main level with some of the smaller toys. They all kept each other company, and then I made a whole mess of Mac and Cheese for lunch and we had a good old time! Made me think I could run a dayhome... (that thought's logged away... never to become a reality.)


One of my favorite things is baking with Liv. We have matching aprons and she just thinks it's the best thing in the world! She's such a good little helper too, she turns on and off the kitchenaid, puts in the ingredients.... basically I'm just there for moral support (and the measuring part).


These pics just make me laugh. I actually remember this day too, it was last February and Nixon thought it was hilarious to turn his toy upside down and sit in it... and then when I whipped out the camera, Liv wanted in on the action...



These pics were taken at one of our fave spots... Playtopia. It's a fun pay place that our kids just love, there's rock climbing (after my own heart), slides, a TON of noisy kids running around... and it all means Fun for the kids and a break for me!

Well... I'm sleepy, so that's all for now, but will post again soon!



2 comments:

Dorienne said...

Wow! 7 kids is a lot for an afternoon. It is nice that it all worked out in the end. Isn't it fun to look back over the last year and see how much everyone has changed?

Bree Johnson said...

oh man that day was crazy i'm glad you survived. I love that picture of liv going to school shes grown up so much this year