15.3.08

The Corner Prayer

So as the parents of a 19 month old going on 16 we have been plagued with how to enforce a bit of discipline. It's been interesting, and since I'm against spanking (unless nothing else works) we've been tying all sorts of alternatives. My favourite has been the time outs... not because of its effectiveness (the corner doesn't work with this one) but because of the cute factor of her reaction to her 1st time out. So she was screaming & hitting so we put her in the corner for a time out and made her fold her arms. I had her repeat "I will not hit" and "we don't scream" and "I will obey" yaddi yaddi.. so after she was done repeating me, she promptly says "amen" and returns to her toys. It was quite entertaining, but I guess there's a bright side... at least she's learning to say prayers!

No comments: