17.3.08

The Calm After the Storm




So we just got back from watching "Enchanted" at the cheap seats and by we I mean, me, Olivia, Nixon & my in-laws... it was fun, luckily there weren't too many people in the theatre (about 5 others) 'cause Livi got bored about 1/2 way through and started to wander and climb and spin. I don't think Nixon was too impressed that we took him to a chick-flick 'cause he decided to fuss for most of the show but nonetheless it was nice to get out. When we get back to my in-laws (where I've been staying for the weekend since my husband's never coming home) Nick calls and says that they're going to be delayed even more, Nixon starts crying & won't be consoled, Olivia is whiny and yelling, I am trying to feed her because it's her bedtime and she hasn't eaten much today, my father-in-law is trying to help however he can, my mother-in-law is trying to go to sleep 'cause she's working midnights and I'm also trying to quiet everyone so she can sleep! Nothing less than a gong show!


Finally, I give up on shoveling food into my toddler's mouth and get her some milk, some jammies and put her to bed, then I grab the baby and start nursing him hoping even more food will work, which it does, for now, and now as I sit to blog with my nursing baby, my own plate of now ice cold food a massive headache and the sadness of being alone even longer I wonder.. how did they do it? This was common 60 years ago (and unfortunately becoming so again) when women would send their precious husbands away to war for an unknown amount of time and hold down the fort! All I can say is hats off to all you Rosie the Riveters out there! I don't know how much longer I can do it but I do know that I need to enjoy the rare moments when there's a calm... especially after the storm! ...and hopefully it will all be over soon...


2 comments:

Ashley said...

You're making me nervous! Thank goodness for family.

houseofhud said...

Hang in there Keshia. You can drop Livi off any time you need a break.