9.8.07

Lean on me...

So, I just got back from a long walk and talk with my sister-in-law, and it made me realize how grateful I am for good people in my life and for good conversations. I'm not much to confront problems unless they pose a big threat, usually I just brush it off or ignore it, not because I don't want to deal with it, but because I don't feel that the contention and negativity is worth it. Anywho, we talked about all sorts of problems plaguing our relationship, and things that we were struggling with personally, and it was really liberating. I know that I can talk to her about anything and everything, and I usually do... I mean, I've never had a sister before and as a child I used to beg my mom for an older sister and a younger one, and now I have one older and two younger, with the older of the younger being only a year younger than me! I am soo very grateful for those girls and the joy that they bring into my life. I can't believe what I was missing out on all, of these years! I mean, we do fight.. all of us, we have disagreements and falling outs, but that just draws you closer, and I am so grateful to have that opportunity in life, even if it is later on. I know I'm not perfect and that feelings have been hurt, and we all know tears have been shed (even "heartless" I have cried!), but I know that no matter what, our love for one another will never change and I am soo grateful for that reassurance. The talk that my sister-in-law and I had was wonderful, it all came out... which it usually does with us, but this time felt different, I felt more fulfilled and happier after. I know it may sound clichéd, but I am grateful to have somebody to lean on... because after all, isn't that something we all need?

No comments: