21.8.07

Eternity is forever

Our baby sister got married last weekend. Going to the temple and seeing all of Nick's family except one sister was such a wonderful experience. The spirit there was soo strong. Jill & Treavor were also soo cute! They are so in love and were just so happy.. it made me kind of wonder "what happened to us?" Somewhere along the line we became comfortable and set in a routine.. what happened to courtship and spontaneity? I think we all need to remember that marriage is not and should not be the end of dating. I mean, Nick and I are very much in love, but that excitement has somewhat dissipated. We have decided to start dating again (each-other of course!) I think the key to avoiding a rut is to set aside time each week and day to just be the two of you without TV, children or other worldly concerns. We've also planned a monthly trip to the temple. There's something about seeing your spouse in that spiritual position that just makes you fall in love with them all over again. I think it's important for our kids to see us make time for each other and to see their parents head over heals for each other! I have always felt that way about Nick & I know he's felt the same, but we just need to remember to show it more often. I mean we're together for Eternity and that's not just a long time... eternity is forever!

No comments: