22.8.07

There's a leg... there's another leg... and there's...





IT'S A BOY! We had our ultrasound last week and found out that we are having a little boy! Very very exciting! You see, my older brother (father of 5 girls) thinks that he will be the first to have a boy.. and that there's no way that we will have a boy before he does because he "deserves" one.. well! He is wrong! And to make things even more ironic on his behalf I am due on his birthday! It's a good time. I don't think you really understand the magnitude of this news! It really is a BIG DEAL! We are having the first boy on my side of the family after 6 girls! Little Nixon will be soo spoiled! We are also very excited for Olivia as she loves babies and I think a baby brother would be good for her (I'm not sure if a sister would survive quite yet). Anywho, we are very much excited and I thought I'd just let ya know. It was a wonderful experience as well because Nick's sister Meg and our cousins who are Olivia's guardians were there and got to come in to see the baby and hear the news! It was very fun and a cool experience! Meg was nearly in tears because she'd never been to an ultrasound before and she was very moved by my little "Alien". Well, here's a pic of the little guy! It was fun 'cause you could tell the tech was excited that he could tell the gender so he started telling us about the baby from the head down and when he got to the bottom he said "there's a leg... there's the other leg... and in between..." and I cut him off and said "IS IT A BOY?!" and he said "and there's another... leg" It was funny! A good experience! And we are very excited to have Nixon Duke as our newest addition... even if he won't be here for 5 more months!

No comments: