24.7.07

Domesticated? Pffft! OK well....

Alright! I admit it... call me what you will! Domesticated, Molly, Betty Crocker, Martha... the list goes on. I will no longer pretend, I AM DOMESTICATED! If you would have told me 5 years ago, that this would happen, I'd laugh in your face! I vowed never to touch a scrapbook in my life! Sure, I love to cook and bake, but that was the extent! I like kids and always wanted some, but I never would have imagined my life would turn out like this! I was the tough girl who played Rugby and did everything possible, and tried everything possible (all good though ;))! I played and managed basketball, I played all sorts of sports, I was going to go skydiving and do all sorts of crazy things... do you want to know what I did today?
I woke up, got myself, Olivia & Nick ready and fed, got Nick out the door to work after having a little scripture study. Then I cleaned the top floor of our house, baked brownies, put my almost 1 year old to sleep, changed an ultrasound date for my baby on the way, did some online banking, and paid some bills, scrapbooked a little (all while watching Regis & Kelly and The View). Then I got Olivia up, moved the sprinkler a few times, fed her, made myself lunch, visited with some friends from out of town, signed up to be a tupperware consultant, made dinner then went couch shopping with the husband.
Sounds like a blast! But ya know what? I wouldn't trade it for all the skydiving adventures in the world! Being a mom is wonderful, and I love that I can make delicious healthy meals and snacks for my family. (Although, I made brownies today that were 60% sugar). My kids will love that I used my talents to preserve my memories and their pictures, and will love the memory of having homemade good food to eat.
I AM DOMESTICATED... AND DANG PROUD OF IT!

No comments: