17.7.07

Do you remember when...

Lately I've been reminiscing about what it was like pre-baby... don't get me wrong, I adore my little angel, but I feel that somewhere along the way I lost my identity and became this clean freak called mom. I mean I do a lot... I wake up, feed the baby, get the husband off for work, clean the house, bake yummy food, cook (my attempt at) somewhat gourmet meals, scrapbook, take walks and occasionally fit a shower into there. No, I'm not complaining I love my life and feel ever so blessed! My husband is wonderful and adores me, my baby is precious and wild (which I keep telling myself is a good thing ;) ) and I live in a beautiful home in a wonderful neighbourhood. I think the problem is I need ME time... I feel that EVERYTHING I do is for someone else... even scrapbooking... especially scrapbooking! I remember when I used to dance, or play sports or write poetry, or just veg... Maybe most moms put themselves on the back burner and maybe that's the conventional way to do it... but I am not conventional, I am going to make ME happy, because if mom's not happy, then everyone's miserable! I set the tone for my family, and I need to start making me happy! It may sound selfish to you, but to me it makes perfect sense! Now... where to start? What to do? Maybe I feel this way because we just moved and I have no friends or any kind of social outlet... even at church I usually sit alone... or am chasing after Olivia... well, whatever I choose to do, I need to remember that I am more than just a mom, I am a woman and a wife first!
I am the woman behind the baby... time to let her through!

1 comment:

Stephanie M Larsen said...

So, cute! Love the layout of your blog, not to mention "the woman behind the baby" cute, cute, cute!