16.10.09

Thoughts...

So I find myself on a friday evening reclining while watching Liar Liar with my laptop and a pint of Haagen Dazs Mayan Chocolate ice cream. Nixon's asleep, Liv's at her cousins for a sleepover and Nick's somewhere on the road between here and Edmonton returning from a business meeting. Now what do I do? I look around me and see my basement covered in food, toys and playdough, yet the urge to clean does not seem to manifest, no matter how much I say "I should...". I am quite behind with work and know that more is coming in the week, but still.... no urges. So, I do something that I frequently neglect and haven't done in some time... I blog. Now, what to blog about? Well, you've all seen my new blog design by now, and Yes, I do blogs as well as all that other stuff. I really love the way my blog turned out, it feels very.. ME! But this isn't my business blog, so enough about that. Lately I've been full of gratitude. I feel like I have so much and don't really deserve it. We have a beautiful home, a vehicle I LOVE, two happy, healthy children, a happy home, an amazing husband who is just so good to me despite my clear insanity and my amazing friends. I think that if I had to pick the 2 things that I was the most grateful for this year, it would be the gospel (even though I'm really not the best at living it to my fullest, but that's what progression is for right?) and for the people I have around me, both friends and family. My two closest friends, Kelly & Bree have been so good to me, they really are both just amazing women and I'm so happy to have them in my life, especially over this last year. I have so many other wonderful friends and really miss my close ones from Winnipeg & from childhood. As I reflect, I realize that this year has been an especially tough one. Despite my many blessings, I have had a rough time, figguring out post-partum depression that seemed to fester into I don't know what; stresses of managing a home, a business, partnering with some amazing women for another business, the guilt of my businesses, being a good mommy, wifey and friend and who knows what else! But looking back, all I can say is that I survived! And that survival was in large part to my best friends. They made me smile and talked me through a whole lot of issues, they took my kids, they threw parties, they let me vent, stress and cry. But most importantly, they let me just be me, and didn't judge me one bit for doing so. To them I am unbelievably and forever grateful. I know the Lord had a special plan when he put those women in my path, they are exactly what I need and combined with my wonderful Husband, they keep me going. I love them, I love Nick, I love my sweet little babies and I am truly grateful for the peace and joy I have been feeling recently.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

aww, love you Keshia, and I am glad that you do have friends and a husband who make all the difference. I love pondering on the people who are put into our lives and the fullness that they seem to give to us. Enjoy some down time, the mess will all be there tomorrow (even if you clean it up tonight :) )

Bree Johnson said...

i heart you im crying and i know i needed you more than you needed me- oh and your basement wanst that messy ;)- hope photos were fun!

Dorienne said...

Great post. p.s. I love Mayan Chocolate too. I think I need some now!