21.10.09

Whoah Nelly!


So it just feels like life is going by sooo fast! I remember when I had been married like 6ish months waking up one morning and just being amazed at where I was in life. It was like in the movies when you see them and then in a flash you see them 20 years later. Sometimes (like this morning) I feel like life has skipped ahead so quickly and I should still be like back in high school or something. Anyone else get this or am I just crazy? It's not like I'm not happy or don't love my life, I am very happy at where I am in life and love my family. I dunno, I just feel like it's going too fast! I can remember riding my bike around the neighborhood for hours with my friends in elementary/junior high school and now I'm married and teaching my own kids to ride bikes. I feel like I should stop sleeping or something to make the time last longer. Before I know it my kids will be starting school and then graduating and then getting married and having their own kids! Oh man... but that's all the joy of growing and experiencing all the different seasons there are to life right? As excited as I am for all of these things to happen, I think my new goal in life is to take some time to breathe, relax and really try to enjoy each season. Funny... as I'm writing this the leaves have turned and snow has come and melted and more should be on its way in the next few months and I realize that I didn't enjoy summer as much as I wanted. So I will take a lesson that I learn each fall when I regret how much time I spent indoors during the beautiful months of summer and apply it to my life in a much grander way and make a goal to not look back and regret not spending enough time with the kids, or Nick or doing the things I love. I know that life gets in the way and I can't spend EVERY minute of my life doing something I ABSOLUTELY love, but I can try a little harder, complain a little less and just enjoy each season, even if it is the dead of winter...

3 comments:

Baker Family said...

I am totally thinking what you just wrote...we are so much alike. haha. We should get together soon and have a chat. xoxo

Carla McDaniel said...

Not too long ago I wrote a post on Breathing...Taking the time to Just Breathe. Crazy how things just sometimes feel like they are just slipping past. :) I know exactly what you are talking about.
hugs

Bree Johnson said...

love that picture- beautifully put!