22.1.09

Long Time No Blog

So, I think this has been the longest I've gone without blogging! I know... life's been crazy and I haven't felt like recording much of it... also just haven't felt much like myself in a while either. Well, I've made some changes. I have been working out nearly every day and have been taking a little more time for me. I've also spent a lot of time contemplating... what I want out of life, and what life can expect out of me. A friend recently shared a question that her pastor asked their congregation, or rather, asked their congregation to ask of each other;
"What do you expect out of life, and is this the best we can expect from you?"
It really makes me think... and no, this isn't the best that I can offer, so I've been working on that too. I've also been developing the best friendship that I have ever had before, with the most amazing person. I feel like I have finally found what I've been looking for for a very, very long time. I found someone who cares for me as much as I care for them, and she values our friendship just as much as I do. The kind of friend that you know will have your back no matter what, one who won't judge you, but at the same time will tell you what's what. Ever since I moved here, I've been pretty sad, because I felt pretty alone, and then I got postpartum depression with Nixon (more details in another blog... not to dwell on it, but because it's such an important and common issue that is considered taboo when it really should be discussed and taken care of). So, I had some problems, and then I started praying... I prayed to find someone, a friend, a confident... a sister. And I am sooo unbelievably grateful that I have found her. And all that comes with her... including her absolutely amazing family, and my two new little sisters/nieces/cousins/friends lol. (inside joke). Anywho... lately life's been pretty good, I mean we all have our issues and problems, but I feel like I'm doing so much better at handling what's been thrown out my way.... learning to make the lemonade from the lemons! All in all, to sum it all up, I've learned that our Heavenly Father knows exactly what, and in my case, who we need to succeed, and we need to go to Him, with all of our problems, no matter how big, or small... if it's important to us, it's important to Him. I am soo grateful for the answers to prayers, and the testimony building experiences I have been offered. I do hope, that with my life a little less hectic, that it will be a long time before I "no blog" again!

3 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

loved this blog. it's important to have someone you can turn to with no questions asked. as women we need that more than we realize. i am so happy you found that. heavenly father does love us, and he knows. you are a fantastic person. don't ever give up. find strength in your H.F and all of your supporters when you feel down.
love ya

Bree Johnson said...

ahh girlie I heart you- anytime you need to talk let me know- I feel so bad that you needed someone- I totally would've been there in a heart beat!

Ingrid said...

So happy for you! True friends can be hard to come by, especially when we don't feel quite like ourselves and need it the most! (the irony, i know!) It's so true that sometimes Heavenly Father answers our prayers through other people. I've appreciated your proactive example and honesty this past year! "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!" You're awesome and don't you forget it hun! luv ya