27.1.09

A house full of sickies

So, we're all sick! (hence all the work on my blog). Right now, I'm in bed with watery eyes, blowing my nose every two minutes and a headache while Nick is out cold and I can hear at least one of my kids coughing while trying to sleep. Poor Sickies! Oh well, every cloud has a silver lining right? On the moments I feel somewhat Ok, I've been cleaning, working and BLOGGING! I do want to express a formal apology to all my faithful blog readers out there (I'm quickly learning that there are many more than I thought) about my lack of blogging the past oh... 6ish months. So once again, I'm sorry. I will try to continue writing as for some reason you seem to be enjoying my random musings, rantings and ravings! So... we're sick.. and I think Livi has Roseola again... poor kid! But somehow Nixon's managed to avoid getting the baby measels.... but we'll just wait and see... he has been warmish and the poor kid has such a runny nose and HATES it when I even look at him with a kleenex in my hand! But, like I said, I've had more time to slave away on my computer and play with the kids. So, since it's been so long, here's an update of what has happened in our lives since July 29th 2008:
Well, August 2nd we had a birthday party for Liv who turned 2 on August 3rd. My buddy Tess was such a help! We made a homemade piñata and everything! Here are some pics from the awesome event;

Yummy hotdogs! Liv, Ky and Bailey/Lincoln lol! She thinks of them as a package deal! The Fancy Cake! It had awesome pink polkadots but it was too hot and they slid off! I still think it's pretty awesome for my first attempt at a fancy Birthday Cake... and Ingrid, you're right... an awesome toy on top and you're good to go! lol!

The Piñata -it's all in the details!
My little man and his Mohawk! lol! He had no hair on the sides and a bunch on top and at the nape of his neck... what did you expect me to do?
Blowing out the cake, Tess & Nixon

All our hard work! But it was fun!
Tinkerbell dress & shoes from the H's

PRESENTS!

More party pics:


Well, that took much longer than I anticipated so I will continue with updates tomorrow!
Goodnight! And hopefully the I will no longer have a house full of sickies!

2 comments:

Stephanie M Larsen said...

I love the picture of the tutu and you, I think that's the picture that you should have put in your header! PS. Who made such an adorable thing? So talented!!

Ingrid said...

Haha, LOVE the cake with the awesome toy on top. Way to go. Hope you guys are feeling better! Sounds like you've been super busy, so I'm sure it was a welcomed rest in some ways.