27.7.08

There's Pee on My Kitchen Table!


So, a few weeks ago, I decided to potty train Livi.. AGAIN! So, for the umpteenth time we set out! I decided to just stick her in panties and take that route... well, let me tell you, this kid could care less if she's drenched in her own urine! She would spread her legs, look down and watch herself pee on the ground! Now, I know that she knows the feeling when she has to go potty, because every time she asks to go, she does it immediately. She's just a little stinker! So anywho... we were eating dinner, Nick was away, and I went to the bathroom and when I came back, she was squatting on the kitchen table doing her business! Yes, yes, this sounds quite entertaining to you I bet... but that's not the full extent of where my little "angel" has marked her territory! We were in the basement and I was doing who knows what... probably on the computer and she started to go, so I told her to stop and we ran to the potty & she finished. Then about 40 minutes later, she was on the couch and decided that this time, she would put her feet on the coffee table, her hands on the couch and balance between the two and go on the ground in between them! So... once again, I yell stop, run her to the potty and she finishes. (Yes, I have been cleaning up the little puddles in between accidents and giving the "talk" about how we need to go on the potty each time.) Now.. let me tell you, I have been sooo good during all of this! I warned myself before we started this that it would take her a little while, and that she's not being bad, it's just a part of her learning and all that. SO I am being kind, compassionate and surprisingly patient. So then an hourish later, she goes on the ground again, and we go through the routine and then within an hour she'd repeated the squat and look 4 or 5 times, each time finishing on the potty and going quite a lot. So then I put two and two together and remember that she's been acting funny when she pees lately, like crossing her legs, and she's even said she has an owie, and that's just too often for her to go, so I take her in to the doctor to get checked for a UTI... it came back clear, but the doc gave me a small dose of antibiotics for her anyway because what I was describing sounded like a UTI. I'm still not sure if it was, but unfortunately, she's still not potty trained. Of course, we had to have a few more incidents before we gave up for the time... like when she peed in the little cup in Nixon's exersaucer!... Yes.. she took off her diaper, carefully positioned herself over the little cup and let er rip! And then shortly after that she made her way back to the kitchen.. and yes.. for the second time, There's Pee on My Kitchen Table!


4 comments:

Ashley said...

Yikes! I'm sorry to hear your having all these potty training troubles. I have to admit, not being in the situation, it sounds quite funny. I know you're not laughing though! Good luck with the rest of it!

houseofhud said...

She's a stubborn one is she. She's still so young...don't push it too hard!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I know how this goes though. Brighton likes to pee on the floor and splash in the "puddles"... if you find some magic trick... PLEASE let me know. He is 3 and I still am no closer to the potty training thing than when he was first born :) Good luck with Livi!

Stephanie M Larsen said...

That naughty little darling, what can I say I just love her!!