27.7.08

It Only Took 23 Years & 2 Kids!

So last week, I went to Winnipeg with the kids and one of my best friends, Sarah. If any of you know me, I was really quite worried about the whole thing... being without Nick in a not very childproof house, and not to mention that my mom and I often butt heads when in close quarters for too long, but it was amazing! I can't believe how great the trip was, I actually found myself thinking "If I had to stay longer... that's be OK!" Now that's a HUGE deal! It's not that I don't like my mom or anything, it's just kinda weird, it's like when I'm back in that environment i get really defensive & regress back to childhood. It's like I know she's going to try to mother me, so I have to be obnoxious and a brat to let her know that "I'm a big girl now" and can do it myself! And of course when I do that, she sees the twelve year old snotty kid that used to say that and of course the mothering gets laid on even thicker! But this time... this time the heavens opened and my prayers were answered! It truly was an anomaly... Nothing short of an act of God! This time, my mom looked at me still as her little girl, but as a grown up version whom she finally realized was completely capable of raising her own family, making her own decisions and was a full fledged adult! It was an actual friendship! We went shopping together and asked each other's opinions on things and it was just soo refreshing! I am really looking forward to the next time I get to go to Winnipeg -with or without Nick! And you know what else? Since I've been home I've called my mom about a million times to tell her about my latest finds and bargains and just to chat. It's been absolutely awesome and it only took 23 years and 2 kids!



3 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so glad to hear that everything went so well! And I'm just as glad that you finally posted something! I think I check blogs far too often.

Anonymous said...

Awww... I am so glad that you had a good time. Me and my mom were the same way. It took until I had Bethany till it started to change. And till after Austin till we truely became friends. I am happy to see an update too!

Stephanie M Larsen said...

This make me so happy Kesh! I can't wait to hear about all the details in person.