22.1.08

The Duke is Born!

So I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post pictures or just to blog about little Nixon's arrival. However, if you really are my friend, you would have looked at my facebook and seen it all on there! I know I know, I posted on facebook from the hospital and not on here. I think it's cause I care more about what I put on here. This is like a journal to me, I feel my kids will have a pretty good insight into me from my blog, my scrapbooks and my poetry... no stone will be unturned. Anywho here's the buzz (I know, I know.. how lazy -copy & paste from facebook but I did add a little more explanation!)

Well, he's finally here! and what a week! On Tuesday I went in for a doctor's appointment and all was well. She striped my membranes to hopefully help me progress a little bit which really did a whole lot of nothing except make me even more uncomfortable than I already was. On Wednesday (the 9th) I went in for an ultrasound and he was small for dates, (no surprise there, so was Livi.) so the doctor told me to "hang tight" while she called my doc and then when she came back, she informed me that we were going to be having a baby! So the hospital called us and let us know that we could come in for an induction on Thursday night @ 8. (all explained in a little more detain in my post titled "d-day") So, we went in and they tried various ways to induce me but i only made it to 4cm. This time though I had Demerol (wonderful drug) and then an epiderral (God's gift to pregnant women) so I really didn't feel much pain. But unfortunately, even after many promising & encouraging contractions that Nixon did great through, we needed another c-section because we just weren't progressing. But he came on Friday night @ 11:23 p.m. and we're both doing great. Our baby boy is here weighing in at 5lbs 10oz and 18.5" long! When we got home, Liv was more excited to see me than to be bothered with a new baby. She missed me very much which is nice since she usually doesn't miss me much... just her dad! Anywho, the first day was kinda rough for that little tyke. She didn't understand why I couldn't pick her up and had a bit of trouble adjusting but the next day it was like Nixon had always been here. She just adores him and gives him lots of hugs and kisses and is very helpful getting and throwing away diapers and just doing whatever I ask. (my amazing little 18 month old!) So we are now a family of 4. I still am not quite sure how I feel having 2 kids as I haven't been alone since the hospital. When all the dust settles in 2 1/2 weeks and I'm all alone and ready to start my routine as a mom of 2 I will let you know how it all goes! It's been fun having people around, but I'm about done with visitors. I really just want to do my own thing and work on a schedule with 2 kids, but I really do need the help. It's really hard to move fast enough to keep up with Livi, and not being able to pick her up sucks too. Oh, so did I mention the whole Irony of the trip home from the hospital? Nick and I have never been in a car accident and of course the day we come home from the hospital with a brand new baby and me with major abdominal surgery it happens! I still can't believe it, we were about a block or 2 away from home at a stop light when someone rear ends us! What a day! We are all relatively ok, no major damage, just a dented trunk on our van and a sore back & neck for Nick & I. We are just happy that I didn't tear anything! So that's the story of little Nixon's arrival and the events shortly following. Our little man is here and safe -The Duke is Born!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Congratulations! He looks adorable. I'm glad to hear that you guys are at home and safe and well. Good luck with being a mother of 2!

Anonymous said...

Really good post!