22.1.08

The Big Girl Bed

So my little monkey is really just that- A monkey! Either that or an acrobat contortionist of some kind! (P.S. I spelled that all by myself without the little red line telling me it was wrong... 'cause it wasn't!) So we know she's been climbing out of her crib, but it took a while before anyone actually witnessed the event take place So she stands at the corner of her crib (remember, it's on the lowest level and the sides are up), kicks her foot up so it's next to her head, wraps it over the top of the crib (which is at her eye level) and hoists herself up and over in a very muscular but graceful sort of way so that she ends up facing her crib and gently lowers herself down! (So I can spell contortionist right, but I leave the "a" out of "head"! Not to mention that ridiculous run-on sentence! -my teachers would be proud!) Anywho... so my sis-in-law suggests putting her in a pack-'n-play 'cause kids don't get out of that, well... have you met this child?! At my in-law's over Christmas (and yes it has happened over there before) she made her way out of the pack-'n-play with the utmost of ease, opened the door and cried for me at the top of a very scary staircase! -Scary because it's wooden and has a chest at the bottom of it! So, when we got home from Christmas at the in-law's we went to Ikea and got her this awesome toddler bed that I've been eying since pre-child life (hmm...that sounds nice sometimes...). Anywho, this bed has coily things that keep them in the bed so they don't fall out and it extends into a single! It's adorable too and Olivia loves it! We were so shocked, we thought we'd try it out but leave her crib up since it would probably take a while to make the switch. Wrong! It was soo easy! She took a nap in it and then slept in it that night! I think she likes the freedom to get in and out of it. She's pretty good at staying in it when we put her to be too, but when she's not there is a child lock on her door handle so she can't get out and she cries/plays in her room and when she's tired (which is usually pretty quick) she goes over to her bed and climbs right in! She really is something else, especially since most 18 months are not sleeping in a Big Girl Bed!

Reading a story with daddy in her new bed!

No comments: