23.8.09

the two peas

My little Bruiser:


so I am pretty sure that Nixon is going to be "that kid" You know who I'm talking about that kid in school who always had a scar or broken limb, that kid who's parents get called to come in 'cause he was showing off on top of the monkey bars and now needs stitches, or a cast... or both! I am confident in my thought that Nixon will be "that kid" because he already is! No broken bones yet (knock on wood) but he's got scrapes and scars like crazy! Last week he cracked his back on the side of Liv's beds while doing somersaults and jumping, so I went to console him and he pushed me away and did another somersault over her foot board! Also, if you were to look at his back, you'd see a pretty nasty looking scar from him running through the house and jumping onto the couch so hard that he bounced off and fell onto a toy! These particular pictures are from a run-in with he vacuum earlier this summer. He was running around and tried to tackle it and cut his eyelid. Lucky no stitches, but it did turn into a tough little scar! These pictures remind me of what guys look like after a boxing or UFC match, swollen and cut up! I don't know if this is typical of all little boys, but I am DEFINITELY noticing a difference across the genders! Liv was busy, but busy playing where Nixon's busy getting into as much mischief as he possibly can between naps and meals. He keeps me on my toes... that's for sure!

My girly tom-boy!

I have so much fun dressing up my kids! I know everyone says it's not as fun dressing up boys but I totally think it is! Girls though... they're just a whole different kind of fun! Liv loves to get all pretty and have her nails painted and put on a new dress! Now, any of you that know me know that I'm not super girly... I clean up just fine and can act the part, but it does take a little effort for me to get in touch with my inner "girly-girl" and yes, she is in there beneath a few sports injuries and concussions! Liv is the perfect balance though, she'll get dressed in a pair of tights and a pink shirt, occasionally a tu-tu) and then go out back and collect worms and bugs. She is a girly tom-boy, it's awesome! She has no problem wrestling with her dad and brother and then strapping on some ballet shoes! The first pic I just love, she's in an adorable little outfit and just hanging out, the other pics are her in a cute little tunic dress I bought for her. I love how photogenic she is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahh i heart them!