24.3.09

Temples, Media, and the Truth

So, I'm not sure if a lot of you have heard, but that T.V. Show, "Big Love" That talks about polygamy and references its main characters as Mormons recently aired an episode about Temples. In this episode, it apparently went through rituals and ordinances that we as Latter Day Saints deem to be sacred. I don't know the extent to their exploitation, or how accurate or inaccurate it was, but I do know that it was uncalled for, and that The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has issued many press releases and now a video in response. As a member of this church, and with an education in Public Relations, I must say how proud I am in the way this situation was handled. It was handled with grace and dignity. The brethren of the church did not lash out, or organize any sort of abrasive or forceful retaliation, but instead sought to bring forth the truth! This video explains Temples; why we build them and what they're for, in the most simple form. I am proud... no, grateful to be a part of this church, and have been thinking about blogging my testimony for some time, and I believe that time has come. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the Mormon church, the LDS Church, is the only true church on this earth at this time. It's teachings are directly out of the Bible, with information to reinforce those teachings from the Book of Mormon. I believe in the Bible, I believe in the Book of Mormon and the other revelations that have come forth specifically for our time. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and was the instrument through which God's teachings, and gospel in their entirety were restored. I know that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that he came, died, and lived again and that we all will live again as well. I believe that Christ suffered for our sins, that we may repent and come to live with Him. I believe in personal revelation, and that you can come to these same conclusions by praying and asking of the Lord. These things I know with all my heart, and I know that Our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ know each of us individually and love each and every one of us. I know that there is a plan in place for each of us. This is my testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN.


2 comments:

Kat said...

Thankyou I enjoyed hearing your testimony:)

Carla McDaniel said...

That was great Keshia...thanks for sharing!