1.4.08

On Belay!


WOOOOO! That's all I can say! WOO-HOO!!! Last night was my first class rock climbing @ the Y! It was AWESOME! I haven't loved something brand new like this right off the back since I started Rugby! It was sooo much fun and such a thrill! I made it all the way to the top in my FIRST DAY! I got 3 climbs in yesterday... the first was a little scary 'cause the whole height factor didn't click in until I was pretty high up and then I wasn't sure if I trusted my partner/the rope but it was awesome! My next climb I got kinda tired and came down, 1/2 way up one of the harder walls but my third climb I scaled that baby! It's soo much fun and so exhilarating! And what's even more awesome is that Nick loves climbing too, so I think for a date we're gonna go and climb together during one of the drop0-in times @ the Y. It was soo nice to get out and do something solely for ME! I love my kids but momma needs a little me time! It was also nice to do some exercise.. I mean I do exercise now on a regular basis (I have a hip-hop workout and a belly dance workout DvD that are surprisingly fun! & tough!) but this is a different kind of exercise. And man is it tough! Your arms get such a workout! I've never felt some of those muscles before! I also met some really nice people there too! My class is called "Women with Altitude" how cute is that? So it's a women's class and it's a riot! My partner was this really nice lady from Manchester, UK! It was cool listening to her accent as we climbed. I can't wait until next week 'cause I've got a fever and the only prescription is more climbing! (and the occasional cowbell lol!) I bet you can see my enthusiasm in my extensive use of exclamation marks!!!! haha lol. Well, this woman's got a taste of altitude and I'm addicted... On Belay!!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Belay on! How fun! I used to climb as well and would love to get to it again. I guess I'll get going as soon as I can after baby #2 is out. Maybe we'll get to go climbing together! Have fun in your future climbing classes.

houseofhud said...

Good for you. I'm glad that you found something new and exciting to do!

Becka. said...

I would love to climb with you sometime! I'm at the Y every day anyway, we should coordinate it! I love trying new things , especially active things. If you like your videos you should come take a class at the Y with me, it would be so fun!

See you at church!

Becka
bultsmabunch.blogspot.com

Stephanie M Larsen said...

I really want to go climb with you too. Find out when the open hours are for next week and lets plan on it.