21.11.07

"The Prodigy"


So My sister-in law continues to call my daughter a child prodigy! I just laugh, but I figgured her many wonderful accomplishments should be acknowledged! So... here it is, the mommy brag blog entry! If you look at Olivia you think she's the tiniest gentlest thing.... HA! She may be petite but that girl is strong and smart! She started to scoot at 6ish weeks, started crawling at 5 months, learned to walk at just under 10 months and hasn't been able to slow down since! She's always been an extremely attentive baby too! We participated in a program called "Roots of Empathy" and at only a few months old, she was amazing the teacher and the program instructor with her attention and knowledge! (they swear she was reading! lol). Well.. what I am most proud of is her extensive vocabulary and how much she talks! (absolutely NOTHING like her mommy haha!) When we moved to Calgary I met up with an old friend and told her that my daughter is talking (at 11 months) and she laughed at me and said "she talks!" but let me tell you, you have to hear it to believe it. She was born babbling so that's nothing new, but her use and pronunciation of words is amazing! At 11 months she had over 20 words and now at 15 1/2 months she has over 60! And those are words she says on her own.. she's a little parrot and will repeat just about anything too! So.. there you go, that's the story of "the prodigy". Honestly, I am pretty amazed! She's a very intelligent girl, and really understands a lot! But unfortunately I am not the one to take credit! She did it all on her own! I've never sat down with her trying to turn her into a mini genius... but maybe all that Baby Einstein she watched as a baby helped? Who knows! But there you have it... "The Prodigy".

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a beautiful girl! Just like her mama! She sure seems to be so bright and full of life! How is the pregnancy going? Bet you're excited to be done! Hope all is well...